Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Family holiday



When I was young the evening fireworks on the Fourth of July were spectacular! I so enjoyed the colors, the lights and the big BANG that shook the ground we stood on. I remember, my brother and I running after Fireflies in New York, jumping up to catch them as they lit the night. Our back yard barbecue was also much anticipated with hot dogs and hamburgers sizzling on the grill. And that potato salad my mom made…wonderful.
How great it is to have wonderful memories to keep of special days with family and friends. The purpose of this holiday often whizzed by me. I guess it wasn’t until I reached High School that I truly understood the reason for the celebration.


                                                  Enjoy your 4th

No comments:

Post a Comment